Practicum Training Program Overview:
CFSPD offers a comprehensive graduate Practicum Training Program (PTP) that includes direct clinical work, individual/dyadic and group supervision as well as training in specific clinical issues and therapeutic theories and methods.
Regular supervision is provided as well as ad hoc supervision and consultation. Audio/video tapes, live consultation and case report are utilized in supervision sessions. Supervision provides oversight of client work, work thus ensuring client safety. It also provides a supportive space for interns to engage in critical self reflection while increasing their confidence and competence with clinical work.
Training sessions cover a wide range of clinical issues and approaches to therapy. They provide opportunities for interns to increase theoretical knowledge, engage in collaborative learning and integrate theory with practice.
In order to ensure high quality in client care, supervision and training, all PTP supervisors are experienced clinicians and clinical supervisors who have received formal training in clinical supervision.
The PTP year runs from September to April.
*Occasionally, placements may available in January or May depending on supervisor availability. These are best suited to interns with clinical experience.
This program is designed for:
- Current master’s or doctoral level students in field such as social work, counselling, psychology, couple and family therapy, etc., who are seeking a placement.
- Persons seeking additional direct client contact and supervision hours towards registration with the American Association for Marriage and Family Therapy (AAMFT)
- Forward a completed application form along with resume and letter of interest to the Program Manager, in February.
* Note: We are not able to maintain a waitlist of applicants.
- Interviews are scheduled in March and April
- Selection and notification of successful candidates by end of May.
Successful applicants must provide:
- A Vulnerable Sector Check (Application form will be provided upon acceptance)
- Provide proof of liability insurance (held personally or by your academic institution)
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org