Family Counselling and Psychotherapy
Building healthy family relationships can be challenging and finding ways to be a better parent can include seeking additional support and help. Here are some of the many challenges we can help with:
- Learning how to communicate more effectively with your kids
- Encouraging cooperation with respect to chores, mealtimes, schoolwork, etc.
- Building successful step-families
- Promoting positive relationships between siblings
- Addressing difficult or disruptive behaviors
- Resolving and negotiating family conflicts
- Handling separation and divorce in a respectful way
- Keeping the lines of communication open with your children during the immigration and settlement process
- Coping with extended family pressures
- Finding quality time to have fun as a family
We ask that the parent(s)/guardian(s) attend the first counselling session without their children (childcare is available at the walk-in clinics to make this easier). We do this in order to determine the best course of action for all involved based on several factors, including age of children and custody arrangements. If you are separated or divorced, please bring legal documentation outlining custody agreements to the first session.
To access counselling and psychotherapy click here